Further, if you are not of the age of majority in your place of residence, please do not use the Site or services.
1. Personal Information
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, such as an individual’s name, address, birth date, e-mail address and phone number. Please note that not all information that you share with us is considered personal information: for example, business contact information is not considered personal information.
2. Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
2.1 We collect personal information for specific and limited purposes, including providing our services to you, where you consent to the collection, in order to meet our contractual commitments to you and to comply with our legal obligations.
When collecting personal information from you, we will identify the purpose for collecting your personal information at the time we request it, and will not use or disclose your personal information other than for the purpose for which it was collected, without your prior consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable data protection and privacy laws. We endeavor to collect the minimum amount of personal information required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected.
In certain cases, you will need to provide us with personal information, including your name, email address and other information about you in order for us to provide information to you or to obtain our services. If you choose to withhold any personal information requested by us or withdraw your consent, it may not be possible for us to provide the services to you or respond to your query.
We collect and use your personal information (or other information) in a variety of ways, including for the following purposes:
- Information that you provide: Your personal information may be collected and used by Market Depth to provide services to you, via our Site, or otherwise. Specifically, we may use your personal information as follows to:
- manage our relationship with you and share information about Market Depth, and our services with you;
- conduct research in order to improve our Site and services, including analyzing testing data to improve our services;
- communicate with you regarding inquiries for information or employment opportunities;
- detect, prevent or investigate security breaches or fraud, to protect our business and to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes, including analyzing and monitoring usage of our Site; or
- If you send us communications via e-mail, we may collect your email address, your internet IP address and your message so that we may reply to you. If you have expressly consented to receive such messages, we may subsequently email you about our various products and services, or other products and services we feel may interest you. If you’d rather not receive these subsequent communications, unsubscribe by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email. We may also collect any other personal information you choose to provide to us, such as your name or telephone number. Sensitive personal information should not be sent to us unencrypted over the Internet or by e-mail.
- Automated Collection: When you access and use the Site, information may be automatically collected about your access and use of the Site, including as follows:
- We automatically log certain information about how you’re using our Site. This information may include the URL that you just came from, your IP address and the pages you visit while on our Site. We may place a pixel on pages on the Site, or those of other companies that are presenting advertisements. This enables us to record in our server logs that a specific user id has visited a particular page. This data allows us to analyze and determine our audience’s behavioural characteristics, which helps us to optimize the Site and marketing focus. Only anonymous information is collected, and it cannot, by itself or in combination, be tracked to you or any specific individual.
- We may use IP addresses for various purposes, including diagnosing service or technology problems, assessing and maintaining system security, displaying the most appropriate advertising and content, studying how people use our site and how we can improve it and reporting to advertiser and other business partners about aggregate, but not individual information derived from IP addresses. Your web browser or email application automatically provides your IP address to other computers with which you communicate over the internet, so that they know where to send you information. We receive an IP address each time you view one of our web pages, because the browser automatically reports it to us. We also may store the IP address when you register with the Site.
2.2 The personal information we collect is only used for the original purposes it was collected or in a manner consistent with those purposes. We may disclose your personal information, to the extent necessary, in the following circumstances:
- to third-party contractors or service providers that assist us with certain aspects of our operations or assist in the improvement and maintenance of the Site;
- to our affiliates, successors and assigns, where our affiliates require access to the personal information to perform requested services for you and to successors and assigns as permitted by applicable laws;
- to protect the safety of any person or to address fraud, security or for Market Depth’s other legitimate interests;
- to comply with the applicable laws and regulations;
- to comply with and/or respond to a search warrant, subpoena or court order that legally requires or authorizes us to do so; and
- as otherwise directed by you.
3. Aggregated or De-Identified Data
We may also disclose information that has been aggregated or that otherwise does not personally identify you to third parties and our affiliates who may use it for analytics, trends and analysis to improve and provide our products and services, including the Site.
4. Protection of Personal Information
We protect your personal information by using reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative measures to protect against unauthorized access or disclosure. Access to systems, applications and data is restricted to authorized individuals of the Company. While we take commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, in accordance with our obligations under applicable laws, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
5. Your Responsibilities and your Rights
While we take your privacy and the collection, use, disclosure, storage and maintenance of your personal information seriously, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Site, and you do so at your own risk. You alone are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password and/or account information related to the access and use of the Site and for ensuring that your personal devices have sufficient security measures to prevent third party access.
Upon written request to [email protected] , you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information, and will be given access to that personal information. Market Depth provides an opportunity for individuals to challenge the accuracy and completeness of their personal information and have it amended as appropriate.
In addition to the above rights, you also have the right to:
- request us to restrict our use or disclosure of your personal information;
- object to our use or disclosure of your personal information; and
- request us to delete the personal information we hold about you, provided that you may not be able to receive services from us if you choose to delete such personal information.
If you are a California resident, the rights granted to you under this Section 5 shall be in addition to, and not in lieu of, your rights as a California resident (as set out in Section 11 below), subject to the verification process described in Section 11(e).
6. Retention of Personal Information
7. Accuracy of Personal Information
Market Depth takes reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information in our custody is accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which the personal information is to be used by Market Depth. In most instances, we rely on users of our Site or our services to notify us of any changes to their personal information provided by them.
8. Third Party Applications and Websites
The privacy policies for third party applications and websites vary and may differ from the policies stated herein. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other applications or websites, and the use and access of such applications and websites is at your own risk.
9. Location of Personal Information
Personal information we collect is stored and processed by us and our third-party service providers primarily in Canada, regardless of where you are located. However, personal information collected by us or third parties referenced herein may be stored and processed in another country and by using the Site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of Canada. We will use reasonable measures to ensure all personal information is protected, but cannot ensure that the laws of other countries will offer the same level of protection as Canadian laws. By submitting your personal information to us, you hereby consent to the transmission, processing and/or storage of personal information outside of Canada.
10. Questions and concerns
11. Your California Privacy Rights
In addition to the above, you may also have certain additional rights as a resident of California to request access to specific information that we hold about you, as well as rights of data portability and deletion. Each of your rights has been listed in the categories below, followed by a description of the processes that you must follow in order to exercise those rights. These rights are not absolute, and we may decline requests if they do not satisfy our verification processes or as otherwise permitted by law.
A. Definition of Personal Information.
Information that we have collected from users within the last twelve months that may be deemed personal information falls within the following categories:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, Internet Protocol address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A real name, postal address, or telephone number.|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of services that you have purchased, considered, or otherwise used on our Site.|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, and other information regarding your interaction(s) with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|G. Geolocation data.||Approximate physical location or movements based on Internet information.|
B. Additional Purposes
In addition to the purposes for which we may collect and use your personal information set out in Section 2.2, we may also use personal information from time to time as permitted by applicable laws and as we deem necessary to investigate any fraud or abuse (actual or alleged) with respect to the Site and/or Services, and to otherwise enforce and apply our terms of service. During such investigation and enforcement, we may disclose information about you to third parties if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Take action regarding suspected illegal activities;
- Enforce or apply our terms of service;
- Protect our rights, reputation, safety, and property, or that of our users or other related parties; and/or
- Protect against legal liability.
C. Right of Access to Specific Information.
You may request the following information about how we have collected and used your specific personal information during the past 12 months:
- The categories of personal information that we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which your personal information was collected.
- Our business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting that personal information from you.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared your personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information that we collected about you.
D. Right of Data Portability.
You may also obtain and reuse personal information that we have collected about you for your own purposes across different services. Specifically, you may request and receive a copy of your personal information from us in the format in which we have stored it for your own purposes.
E. Right of Deletion.
You may request that we delete the personal information that we have collected about you, and to direct any service providers who have received copies of your personal information from us to delete your personal information from their records.
Notwithstanding the preceding, we may not be able to fulfill your request to delete your personal information if maintaining the personal information is necessary for us (or for our service provider(s)) to:
- Complete the transaction for which your personal information was collected;
- Provide a good or service that you requested, or that we reasonably anticipate that you will request within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you;
- Otherwise perform our obligations pursuant to an existing agreement with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Detect, prevent or investigate security breaches or fraud, to protect our business and to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes, including analyzing and monitoring usage of our Site, as you may reasonably expect based on your relationship with our business;
- Exercise free speech, or to ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with our legal obligations, including any applicable portions of the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act; and/or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
F. Verification Process to Exercise Your CCPA Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, you may submit a request to us by either: emailing us at [email protected] or visiting https://marketdepth.com/contact-us/. You may only make a verifiable request twice within a twelve-month period. We will need to verify your identity and California residency before we process any requests that you make under the CCPA. To verify your identity, we may require you to log into your account on the Site (if applicable), provide government identification, give a declaration as to your identity under the penalty of perjury and/or provide additional information.
Alternately, your authorized agent may make a request on your behalf, pending the verification of the agent’s identity and our receipt of a copy of the valid power of attorney given to your authorized agent
F. Disclosure of Personal Information
In accordance with Section 1798.115 of the CCPA, we confirm that we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose in the past twelve (12) months:
B. California Customer Records categories;
D. Commercial information;
F. Internet or other network activity; and
G. Geolocation data.
These categories of personal information were disclosed to the following categories of parties for business: third-party service providers and business partners.
Last Revised: November 3, 2021